Excellent power-to-weight ratios and suspension geometries honed at Germany’s famed Nürburgring track enabled engineers to advance the Cadillac CTS’s performance with greater feelings of feedback, control and response. The comparatively low curb weight helps make the most of the driving experience by allowing the use of lighter-weight chassis components, which reduces unsprung weight to enable more precise handling without compromising ride
The Cadillac CTS sedan’s low mass and optimal brake sizes give it braking performance that is among the best in the segment, with standard Brembo front brakes.
Suspension and driver control highlights also include:
- MacPherson strut front suspension with a double-pivot design
- Five-link independent rear suspension
- Available all-wheel drive
- Premium electric, variable-assist power steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
- Available Magnetic Ride Control real-time damping system
- Range of 17-, 18- and 19-inch aluminum wheels.
A number of aluminum components are used with the suspension system, while the rear suspension is mostly steel. That helps offset the weight of the engine and transmission at the front of the vehicle, helping the Cadillac CTS deliver its near-perfect weight balance and reduce noise and vibration.
Additionally, the Cadillac CTS’s all-wheel-drive system, available with the 2.0L Turbo and 3.6L V6, is designed to make the most of handling and stability in all driving conditions. It is an advanced, fully automatic and on-demand system that includes wheel-slip management.
The performance-oriented, rear-drive-only Cadillac CTS V-Sport is the perfect medium, in terms of performance and price, between the Cadillac CTS luxury sport sedan and the exclusive Cadillac CTS-V super sedan. It features:
- The Cadillac Twin Turbo V6, SAE-certified 420 horsepower (313 kW) and 430 lb-ft of torque (583 Nm)
- 18-inch aluminum wheels with Pirelli summer-only performance tires
- Sport-tuned suspension with enhanced spring rates and stabilizer bars
- One-inch-wider rear wheels with P275/35R18 tires
- A quicker steering ratio with sport-tuned steering efforts and response
- Race-inspired Brembo brakes
- Heavy-duty track cooling package
- Third-generation, segment-best Magnetic Ride Control (MRC)
- Driver-selectable track mode with specific throttle progression and Magnetic Ride Control calibrations for track driving
- Electronic limited-slip differential that enhances capability on the track, including optimal acceleration out of turns